We will meet at Cafe Creme 750 NE 125th Street, North Miami. The coffee and pastries are French fabulous! Cooler weather predicted so we will sit outside on the terrace.
Bring show and tell, any projects you are working on, ideas for future group projects. Please plan to order a little something from the menu so they are happy we are taking up space.
Afterward, we will tour the exhbition at MOCA by local artist Mira Lehr, Tracing the Red Thread.
See you at Cafe Creme! October 27 at 2. Free Parking behind the restaurant.
June 30, 2018 Field trip to Boca Museum of Art to see Nomadic Murals. Details:https://www.bocamuseum.org/exhibitions/nomadic-murals-contemporary-tapestries
MAY 26, 2018 MEETING 2 – 4 PM at the Aventura Mall spiral staircase seating area by the Cheesecake Factory on the lower level.
Bring show and tell – what are you working on? We will be scouting the fiber offerings nearby.
February 24, 2018 Meeting 2:00
Studio 41, Pamela Palma Designs
The Bakehouse Art Complex
Time to renew your membership!
August 2017 No Meeting this month! Please continue to create knitted or crocheted embellishments for the yarn bombing project in Omni Park on October 28. Make things with Caribbean flair! Colors! Animals! Flowers! Bright and fun!
FFM MEETS ON THE LAST SATURDAY OF EVERY MONTH
February 25, 2017 Monthly Challenge – What does February mean to you> Express this in fiber, bring it to the meeting on Feb 25 at 2:00.
October 29, 2016 Meeting – Monthly Challenge – Create a work of fiber art that incorporates element(s) of nature.
What will you make?
September 24: Monthly Challenge: The Color Green. Pictured here – Evelyn’s hand knit art work!
The Next Meeting of FFM is August 27, 2016
Fantastic Fibers Miami is a member-supported guild for those who enjoy creative expression through fiber, yarn, and textiles. Not a member? Join today!
Monthly Meeting July 30, 2016 2:00 – 4:00
Woo Hoo It is HOT out there! Come in and cool off! Share some creativity with your fiber friends at Fantastic Fibers Miami!
July 30 2:00 at the Bakehouse Art Complex, 561 NW 32 Street, Miami (Wynwood) Free Parking!
AGENDA Reminder – For the sake of efficiency we are following Robert’s Rules. Please submit agenda items one week in advance for inclusion on agenda. Only agenda items are up for discussion.
A) Old Business
1) June minutes – Marilyn
2) Dues are due now. Membership is required for participation in FFM activities. See benefits of membership https://fantasticfibersmiami.com/membership/
3) Blankets for Lotus House – Martha
4) Exhibition opportunities Coral Gables Museum, Bakehouse – Pamela
5) Selling opportunities at group shows – Mabelin
6) Call and Respond collaborative work – new name, photograph, backing, pass it on
B) New Business
1) Clarification of Pamela’s background/experience regarding organizing a fiber guild/textile art center- see FFM website > ABOUT https://fantasticfibersmiami.com/about-us/
2) FFM Committees – Volunteer Opportunities Monthly programs – demos, discussions, etc.
Monthly challenge projects
b) Agendas posted on website > MEETINGS https://fantasticfibersmiami.com/meetings/
3) Program of the Month if time permits – Discussion:Is it art or is it craft? Define; what are the distinctions? What determines good craftsmanship? When does well crafted work become art? How is this relevant to FFM?
5) Social Time
Monthly meeting June 25, 2016 2:00 – 4:00 at the Bakehouse Art Complex
We will be collecting knitted squares for Lotus House blankets.
561 NW 32 Street, Miami (Wynwood). Free street parking.
New members welcome!